Youth Grand Challenges: funding for CREST
We are pleased to launch a round of grants to support and enable schools and organisations to enter the Youth Grand Challenges. There is no cost to enter the Youth Grand Challenges competition. However, to be eligible to enter students must submit a CREST project, which involves a per student entry fee.
Applicants can request up to £500 total towards running CREST awards, this breaks down into two categories:
- Up to £250 to cover CREST registration fees (you can find registration costs here)
- Up to £250 to spend on support costs for running the Awards, such as CPD for school staff, supply teacher cover, CREST link schemes or a delivery partner, consumables or equipment.
- You are applying on behalf of a school or organisation in the United Kingdom
- Participating students will be UK residents
- You are applying for funding to run CREST Awards linked to the Youth Grand Challenges competition
- Participating students will be aged 11-19 years
- Your Award(s) will be completed by 26 September 2017
Preference will be given to schools that have not run CREST before and can be described as one or more of the following:
- In England, you have 35% of pupils, or above, that are eligible for pupil premium according to the 2016-17 figures
- In Wales, you have 35% of pupils, or above, eligible for free school meals according to the Welsh Pupil Deprivation Grant school allocations 2016-17
- In Scotland, you are in an area in the top 25% most deprived according to the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation
- In Northern Ireland, you are in an area in the top 25% most deprived according to the Northern Ireland Multiple Deprivation Measures
- Your school has a high proportion of pupils (over 30%) who are from black or minority ethnic backgrounds
- You are a small school based in a remote and rural location (settlement of less than 10,000 people with a drive time of over 30 minutes to a settlement of 10,000 or more)
How to apply
To apply, please complete the online application form.
Round one applications must be submitted by 6pm on Monday 27 March 2017
Round two applications must be submitted by 6pm on Monday 24 April 2017